A CT urogram is suggested for an individual suffering from urinary tract problems. This test helps the doctors diagnose various problems like structural irregularities, bladder and kidney stones, and certain types of cancers. In this guide, we will help you understand more about CT urogram in New Jersey along with its other information. So, if you are curious to know more, stay tuned to the article details below.
Why would a doctor recommend a CT urogram?
The major objective of this test is to determine if there is any problem in the urinary tract. Various conditions can be detected through this test and some of them have been listed below. Have a quick look:
- Bladder stones
- Kidney stones
- Bladder or kidney infections
- Structural irregularities
Do you know the potential benefits of a CT urogram?
Some good benefits are worth reading about. Thus, we have churned out some of the best ones for you.
- The results obtained are precise
- The method is non-invasive and painless
- This method can image soft tissue, bones, and blood vessels all at the same time
- It helps the doctors get a detailed image of various tissues along with bones, lungs, and blood vessels
- The procedure of examination is accurate and quick. It is very effective in emergency cases where internal injuries can quickly get detected to save a person’s life
- It is less sensitive to a patient’s movement than an MRI
- This imaging tool is very cost-effective as it helps detect various clinical problems
When your doctor recommends a CT urogram, you need to understand that’s because of some issue in your urinary tract. Your doctor will be able to give you the right medical advice and ensure your treatment is started on time.
But in case you have some concerns, make sure you discuss them with your doctor. Remember that urinary tract infections can lead to other health problems like kidney failure, high blood pressure, and kidney stones. So, if you are experiencing any abnormality then you need to consult a doctor right away. If you delay, your health can worsen.